Tel: +357 25508000
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Banking and finance law
Socrates graduated with an LL.B from the University of Essex in 2009 and obtained an LL.M in Commercial Law from the University of Edinburgh in 2010. His thesis was on Mergers and Acquisitions (Council Regulation 139/2004). He qualified as an Advocate in 2011.
Socrates joined Areti Charidemou & Associates LLC in 2010 as an Associate and was appointed Head of the Corporate and Commercial Department in 2012.
- The Cyprus Bar Association
- Limassol Bar Association
- Athens Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- The International Tax Planning Association (ITPA)
- Member of the International and European Law Committee of CBA
- Limassol Port: Repeating Piraeus’ Success Story?, Gold Magazine, September 2015, Cyprus Maritime 2015 Special Edition
- Cyprus makes crucial changes to tax laws, World Finance, October 2012
- Can Cyprus afford to give up its selling point of corporate tax in the context of closer Eurozone fiscal integration? (interview) , Gold Magazine, January 2012
- Beating the Offshore: The advantages of Cyprus as a fund jurisdiction, World Finance, December 2011