Investing in Talent
As a law firm, we look to the future rather than the past. We believe in creativity and a fresh mindset. The new world commercial landscape demands new legal thinking and new financial solutions.
We deliver what we promise to our clients. We recruit and train the best people within our industry. Our philosophy has attracted the highest professionally qualified personnel in the market, whilst their young, energetic, eager and charismatic personalities have become synonymous with our firm’s character and commitment to excellence.
At Areti Charidemou & Associates LLC we combine this young fresh and energetic passion with seasoned senior highly experienced professionals to offer the ultimate combination of knowledge and expertise to our clients.
Areti Charidemou & Associates LLC is actively seeking to fill the Corporate Lawyer position for its Corporate Law Department with an experienced and strong work ethic individual. We take professionalism and integrity seriously therefore we are looking for a team player to join and support us to meet the highest standards of our services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting and/or reviewing contracts, legal opinions, resolutions, power of attorneys and any other legal documents
- Handling various corporate transactions (i.e. merger and acquisitions)
- Liaising with the Registrar of Companies and relevant governmental authorities
- Advising and supporting clients on corporate and commercial matters
- Participating in meetings and having ongoing communication with clients, banks, and other relevant authorities
- Handling legal matters that may arise during the life of a company
- Ensuring compliance with AML legislation and carrying out the communication with the compliance department for the establishment of the client’s relation
- Compliance with the Company’s internal policies and procedures at all times
- Examine legal material (laws and articles), undertake legal research, attend legal development seminars/ conferences either in Cyprus or abroad.
- Providing legal advice and assistance on the legality of the Company’s business affairs and practices for any project the Company might be involved
- Undertaking any other responsibilities of a lawyer, according to the needs of the Company
- University Degree in Law
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association
- Between four to six years of experience in a Law Firm or Corporate Service Provider in Corporate & Commercial Law related matters
- Speak and write fluently both in Greek and English
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients and associates
- Good knowledge and ability to understand contents of legal/corporate material and transactions.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure with client deadlines
- Maturity in handling confidential information
If you have the required skills and you are seeking an opportunity in a growing company please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org until July 17, 2020.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Areti Charidemou is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.
Join Areti Charidemou & Associates LLC two weeks Summer Internship Program which will take place in July 2020. We recruit law students with a mission to inspire and train the next generation of lawyers. Interns will be guided by a mentor who will provide guidance, assign and evaluate projects’ progress and will serve as a general advocate throughout the summer. We follow a “learning by doing” approach which is why our summer associates engage in as many hands-on opportunities to learn as possible.
Interns will gain a hands-on experience and their responsibilities will include:
- Legal research and writing
- Visit to the court
- Observation of court proceedings
- Visit to Governmental Authorities
- Seminars on topics related to the lawyer’s profession and career path
- Mooting experience
The Summer Internship Program will last two weeks and the working hours are from Monday to Thursday 8:30-18:00 with a mid-day break between 13:00-14:30 and on Friday from 8:30 until 15:00. This is an unpaid position and a limited number of summer associates will be recruited.
How to Apply
If you are interested in participating in our Summer Internship Program, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com until June 26, 2020.